Professional Java Programming
ABOUT JAVA PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE
Java is a programming language created by James Gosling from Sun Microsystems (Sun) in 1991. The target of Java is to write a program once and then run this program on multiple operating systems. The first publicly available version of Java (Java 1.0) was released in 1995. Sun Microsystems was acquired by the Oracle Corporation in 2010. Oracle has now the steermanship for Java. In 2006 Sun started to make Java available under the GNU General Public License (GPL). Oracle continues this project called OpenJDK.
Over time new enhanced versions of Java have been released. The current version of Java is Java 1.8 which is also known as Java 8.
Java is defined by a specification and consists of a programming language, a compiler, core libraries and a runtime (Java virtual machine) The Java runtime allows software developers to write program code in other languages than the Java programming language which still runs on the Java virtual machine. The Java platform is usually associated with the Java virtual machineand the Java core libraries.
The Java language was designed with the following properties:
- * Platform independent: Java programs use the Java virtual machine as abstraction and do not access the operating system directly. This makes Java programs highly portable. A Java program (which is standard-compliant and follows certain rules) can run unmodified on all supported platforms, e.g., Windows or Linux.
- * Object-orientated programming language: Except the primitive data types, all elements in Java are objects.
- * Strongly-typed programming language: Java is strongly-typed, e.g., the types of the used variables must be pre-defined and conversion to other objects is relatively strict, e.g., must be done in most cases by the programmer.
- * Interpreted and compiled language: Java source code is transferred into the bytecode format which does not depend on the target platform. These bytecode instructions will be interpreted by the Java Virtual machine (JVM). The JVM contains a so called Hotspot-Compiler which translates performance critical bytecode instructions into native code instructions.
* Automatic memory management: Java manages the memory allocation and de-allocation for creating new objects. The program does not have direct access to the memory. The so-called garbage collector automatically deletes objects to which no active pointer exists
WHY LEARN JAVA?
Java is among the most popular programming languages out there, mainly because of how versatile and compatible it is. Java can be used for a large number of things, including software development, mobile applications, and large systems development. Knowing Java opens a great deal of doors for you as a developer.
- -> Java is Easy to learn
- -> It has Rich API
- -> Powerful development tools e.g. Eclipse , Netbeans
- -> Great collection of Open Source libraries
- -> Wonderful community support
- -> Excellent documentation support – Javadocs
-> Java is Platform Independent
About the Course
In this introductory course, you’ll learn and practice essential computer science concepts using the Java programming language. You will learn to design algorithms as well as develop and debug programs. You’ll learn also about Object Oriented Programming, a technique that allows you to use code written by other programmers in your own programs. You’ll put your new Java programming skills to the test by solving real-world problems faced by software engineers.
As the saying goes, “A picture is worth a thousand words.” This course will use sample objects such as photos or images to illustrate some important concepts to enhance understanding and retention. You will learn to write procedural programs using variables, arrays, control statements, loops, recursion, data abstraction and objects in an integrated development environment.
Yes, you will get a certificate from Denary Computing Academy when you pass the exam. It has your name, the course, and the completion & expiry dates. Almost pretty enough to frame.
- -> Knowledge of the structure and model of the Java programming language
- -> Edit, compile, and run a Java program
- -> Use conditionals and loops in a Java program
- -> Debug a Java program using the scientific method
- -> Write a Java method to solve a specific problem
- -> Develop a set of test cases as part of developing a program
- -> Create a class with multiple methods that work together to solve a problem
- -> Use divide-and-conquer design techniques for a program that uses multiple methods.
- -> Use the Java programming language for various programming technologies
- -> Develop software in the Java programming language,
- -> Evaluate user requirements for software functionality required to
decide whether the Java programming language can meet user
- -> Propose the use of certain technologies by implementing them in
the Java programming language to solve the given problem
WHO IS THE TARGET AUDIENCE?
- -> People who want to learn programming
- -> Programmers switching languages to Python
- -> People who want to works on android
- -> Intermediate java programmers who want to level up their skills!
- -> Who want to become a freelancer?
-> Anyone interested in web development
No prerequisites for this course – A computer with Internet
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 3 hours
- Skill level Beginner
- Language Bengali, English
- Students 14
- Assessments Self